About Emily Books
- I ordered a book. How do I download it?
You can download your book by clicking the link in the order fulfillment email you received. Or, if that’s not working (sometimes devices, email clients and browsers don’t play well together), you can always log in to your account on emilybooks.com and download your purchases from your library. We only sell ebooks. Physical copies are not available on our store.
- I read on my Kindle (Nook, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Kobo, etc). What format should I download books in?
Download books in .mobi for Kindle and .epub for everything else. If you would like to read on your Android phone, please take a look at this Lifehacker article.
- I bought a book and received a confirmation email, but I can't figure out how to get the book onto my device.
If none of these tips fixes your problem, please email us and our experts will help you troubleshoot.
- You should have received a confirmation email with the subject line “Your Emily Books order is now complete” and in the email, there will be a link to your downloadable file. For reading on an iPad or iPhone, choose the EPUB file format and it should prompt you to download the book and open the file in the Books app.
- If you’re reading on a Kindle, you’ll need to download the MOBI file format and email it to your Kindle Documents email address. (please note that in late 2022, Amazon plans to phase out the “email to Kindle” feature. This is because Amazon wants to control all sales for Kindle devices — sorry, we can’t do anything about this.)
- For reading on a laptop or Windows tablet, you will need to have an ereader program installed. Adobe Digital Editions has a free version; Wattpad is also popular.
- Who's behind the scenes at Emily Books?
Emily Books was founded in 2011 by Ruth Curry and Emily Gould.
- I want to order Emily’s novel(s) from you guys!
Unfortunately we’re not able to make it available here. Please buy it from your local independent bookseller!
- My question isn't listed here.
Please send us an email and we will answer your question!